CHERRY CRUMB BARS
To celebrate Afternoon Tea Week, we've created these delicious cake bars - infused with Twinings Afternoon Tea for a truly unique and scrumptious taste. Crumb bars are perfect to make at the beginning of the week as they'll keep for a few days if chilled in the fridge.
|Makes In||40 mins|
For The Crust
For The Filling
|2||Twinings Afternoon Tea Bags|
|4 tbsp|| Corn Flour|
|500g||Frozen Cherries, Thawed|
|1||Juice of a Lemon|
- Place all of the ingredients for the crust together in a food processor until the mixture comes together.
- Press the dough into an 8 inch square tin lined with foil or greaseproof paper.
- Bake at 180C for 10 mins.
- In the meantime make the filling: brew the Afternoon Tea tea bags and allow to steep for 5 mins.
- Discard the tea bags and place 1/2 of the liquid into a bowl with the corn flour. Stir together.
- Drain the thawed cherries from the liquid and reserve. Add the cherry juice to the remaining tea and blend 150g of the cherries to make a puree.
- Place the liquid into a saucepan and add the corn flour mixture. Whisk the mixture over a medium heat until thick.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and stir to dissolve the sugar. Allow to cool slightly and whisk in the eggs.
- Add the remaining cherries to the fruity mixture and pour over the baked crust. Bake for 15-20mins.
- Leave to chill overnight.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt or cream and pistachios.
- The crumbs bars will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge for to you enjoy whenever you please.