Blackcurrant & blueberry work together as the perfect sweet pairing, complemented by the citrus lemon flavour.
Zesty lemon, ginger and a hint of turmeric and Bacillus Coagulans cultures.
Twinings Fruit & Herbal Tea Infusions
A caffeine-free alternative to traditional tea, fruit tea is known for its sweet and fruity flavour. Made from a blend of dried fruits, herbs and spices, fruit tea is a popular choice for those looking for a refreshing and healthy beverage. It can be enjoyed hot or cold and comes in a wide variety of flavours, such as berry, citrus and tropical fruits.
What is Fruit Tea?
Fruit tea, also known as herbal tea or tisane, is a type of tea that does not contain any tea leaves from the Camellia Sinensis plant. Instead, it is made from a combination of dried fruits, flowers, herbs, spices, and other natural ingredients that provide a unique and fruity flavour profile.
Unlike traditional tea, fruit tea does not contain caffeine, making it a great alternative for those who are looking for a soothing and caffeine-free drink. It is also commonly used as an ingredient in many other food and drink recipes, such as cocktails and cakes. Additionally, fruit tea is good for boosting immunity, improving digestion and good for hydration. Some of the popular fruit tea blends include hibiscus, rosehip, and raspberry tea.
How Was Fruit Tea First Discovered?
The origin of fruit tea is not well documented, and it is likely that the concept of blending fruits and herbs to create a flavourful and healthy beverage has been around for centuries. Fruit tea, as we know it today, is a modern invention, it was first created by blending different fruits, herbs, and spices together to make a variety of flavourful and healthy teas.
The first recorded use of fruit tea was in the early 1900s, when tea merchants began experimenting with new flavour combinations to appeal to a broader range of customers.
How is Fruit Tea Made Today?
Our master tea blenders create fruit tea by carefully selecting and blending the highest quality dried fruits, flowers, herbs, spices, and other natural ingredients. The process of making fruit tea involves several steps:
1. Sourcing Ingredients: Master blenders source the finest ingredients from all over the world to ensure the highest quality and taste.
2. Tasting & Testing: They taste and test various ingredients to determine the best combinations to achieve the desired flavour profile.
3. Blending: The ingredients are then blended together in a specific proportion to create the right taste and aroma.
4. Steeping & Refining: The blended ingredients are then steeped in boiling water to release the flavours and aromas. The fruit tea is tasted and refined until it meets the blender's standards.
The process of making fruit tea requires a deep understanding of the properties of each ingredient.
What Types of Fruit Tea Are There?
There are many types of fruit tea, each with different tastes, aromas, and even added health benefits.
We celebrate variety at Twinings and offer many types of fruit tea to suit different drinkers and moments in the day. Choose from a wide range of delicious and fruity ingredients.
• Mango & Strawberry: A sweet and exotic fruit tea with a hint of zesty lime.
• Camomile & Grapefruit: A refreshing and zingy blend.
• Lemon & Ginger: A warm and spicy tea with a hint of lemon.
• BioBlends Soothing Peppermint, Fennel & Spearmint: Spearmint and peppermint with aniseed and fennel and Bacillus Coagulans cultures. Full of gut-friendly bacteria.
How to Drink Fruit Tea?
Fruit tea can be enjoyed hot or cold, depending on your preference.
Here are a few guidelines for preparing and drinking fruit tea:
1. To make a cup of hot fruit tea, bring fresh, cold water to a boil. Use one teabag per cup of water. Infuse the tea for three minutes. Leave a little longer if you prefer a stronger taste.
2. Temperature and brewing time - some fruit teas are delicate and may become bitter if steeped for too long or at too high of a temperature. Be sure to check the package instructions for the recommended brewing time and temperature.
3. Fruit teas come in a wide variety of flavours and blends, so feel free to experiment with different combinations to find your favourite.
4. Fruit teas can be paired with food, some of them go well with desserts and pastries, while others are good with savoury dishes.
Why Choose Twinings' Fruit Tea Selection?
• Quality ingredients: Twinings sources high-quality, natural ingredients for their fruit teas, ensuring a delicious and flavourful cup.
• Variety of Flavours: Twinings offers a wide range of fruit tea blends, including popular flavours like raspberry, peach, and strawberry, as well as more unique options like blackcurrant and mango.
• Expertise: Twinings has been blending and selling teas for centuries, and their expertise in the field shows in the quality of their products.
• Reputation: Twinings has been in the tea business for centuries and has a reputation for providing high-quality teas, with a wide range of options and flavours.
• Ethical Sourcing: Twinings is committed to ethical sourcing and sustainable practices, ensuring that the ingredients used in their teas are grown and harvested in an environmentally responsible way.
Overall, Twinings fruit teas are a great choice for anyone looking for a delicious and high-quality tea that is easy to brew, and made with natural ingredients.