For The Berry Puree
|Contents of 3||Twinings Cranberry & Raspberry tea|
|400g||Frozen Mixed Berries|
|1||Orange, zest & juice|
|2 tbsp||Lemon Juice|
For The Coating
|4 tbsp||Corn Flour|
|5 tbsp||Caster Sugar|
For The Marshmallows
|4 tbsp||Liquid Glucose|
|10||Leaves of Gelatine|
|1||Vanilla Bean, scraped|
- Add all the ingredients for the berry puree apart from the frozen mixed berry in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cook over a medium high heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove teabags and discard them.
- Add the berries and keep cooking until thick and syrupy.
- Allow to cool and blend till smooth. Pass through a sieve and set aside.
- Line a rectangle tin the greaseproof paper and dust evenly with the corn flour icing sugar mixture. Set remaining aside.
- Set the egg white and 2 tbsp of sugar removed from the 700g in a freestanding mixer bowl with a whisk attached.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water.
- In a large saucepan place the sugar glucose and water together. Slowly bring to the boil (do not stir), brushing down the sides frequently with water to prevent crystals forming. Cook the mixture until the thermometer reads 125C- Hard ball stage.
- Once the right temperature has reached, remove from heat and squeeze out excess water from the gelatine. Add the gelatine and stir.
- Whisk the egg whites on full speed until light and foamy. Reduce the speed to low and slowly stream the gelatine sugar mixture into the bowl being careful not to make the mixture touch the whisk. Whisk on full till the mixture begins to thicken and cool down.
- Spoon a 1/3 of the mixture into the tin. Add 2 tbsp of berry puree to the bowl mix and whisk to combine. Add a 1/3 of this mix on top of the white mixture and spread.
- Add the remaining puree to the mix in the bowl and whisk to combine. Spread the mixture on top and allow the mixture to set overnight.
- Cut into cubes and coat in the corn flour icing sugar mixture. Now put some Christmas songs on and dance around to Mariah's ‘All I want for Christmas is Marshmallows!’