For The Fruit Mixture
|70g||Light Brown Sugar|
|¾ tsp||Mixed Spice|
|300g||Self Raising Flour|
|3||Twinings English Breakfast Teabags|
For The Cake Mixture
|185g||Self Raising Flour|
|¾ tsp||Bicarbonate of Soda|
For this recipe, you will need a 900g/2lb loaf tin, measuring 23x13x7cm, greased and lined.
- Place all the ingredients for the fruit mixture in a saucepan. Heat so that the butter melts and the mixture begins to bubble. Remove from the heat and allow to infuse for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 140c Fan/ 160c / Gas 3.
- Remove the tea bags from the fruit mixture and tip into a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, flour, bicarbonate of soda and mix well, then fold in the nuts.
- Put the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the centre of the oven for 60-75 minutes making sure you check the cake at 60 minutes. If it looks too brown and needs more time, cover the top with foil.
- The cake is done when a skewer comes out clean.
- When the cake is ready, leave to cool completely in the tin before turning out.
- This cake can be decorated with marzipan. It's also delicious with a little spread of butter.
Enjoy with a cup of Twinings Christmas Spiced Tea.