A bowl of Granola makes any breakfast table look good and is a great breakfast choice. What's more, it is also incredibly easy to make at home.
|Makes In||30 mins|
|3 tbsp||Light Brown Muscovado Sugar|
|1/2 tsp||Ground Cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp||Salt Flakes|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|80g||Dried Fruit (Small Dices)|
|50g||Coarsely Chopped Raw or Toasted Nuts or Seeds|
|A Handful of Fresh Blueberries|
- Heat the oven (150° Celsius or gas mark 2).
- Using a large bow, mix the honey, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Add in the remaining ingredients, except the dried fruit, nuts and seeds and mix well.
- Spread the mix evenly on a couple of baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Add the dried fruit, nuts and seeds and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- Scoop granola in a bowl.
- Add milk or yoghurt and sprinkle with fresh blueberries.
- Et voila, a nutritious treat to get your morning off to a great start and the ideal companion for a golden and well-rounded cup of Twinings English Breakfast tea.
- Store the remaining granola in an airtight container and it'll keep fresh for up to a month.