EARL GREY CHOCOLATE BROWNIE
Spoil yourself with this divine Earl Grey Chocolate Brownie recipe. It is so gooey and lovely that you will most likely have one too many – that’s not a bad thing!
|Makes In||2 hrs 30 mins|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|2-3||Twinings Earl Grey Tea Bags|
- Set the oven at 180ºC gas mark 3. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil, leaving 2 inches hanging over two opposite sides. Butter the foil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring often. Add half of the sugar and stir for 30 seconds. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Pour the mixture into a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining of the sugar and the eggs. Whisk well. Pour 1/2 of the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture, stirring to combine.
- In an electric mixer, beat the remaining egg mixture for 2 minutes or until thick and pale coloured. Fold the beaten egg mixture into the chocolate mixture. Gently fold in the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the pan. Bake the brownies in the middle of the oven for 35 to 38 minutes or until the top is set and a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out lightly streaked with chocolate. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool to room temperature.
- Or Try Our Ganache Method...
- In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate and honey. Set a fine strainer over the bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream and tea leaves or bags and heat over medium-high heat until bubbling. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 2 minutes. Remove tea bags once infused. Pour the cream through the strainer into the chocolate mixture. Use a rubber spatula to stir the mixture.
- Set aside half of this ganache mixture at room temperature.
- Refrigerate the remaining ganache in the bowl for 45 minutes or until it sets.
- In an electric mixer, beat the chilled ganache for 1 minute or until creamy and lightened. Spread it over the brownies. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- If the half of the ganache you set aside has thickened, heat it for 10 to 15 seconds in a microwave or set it in a bowl of warm water and stir until it is pourable. Pour it onto the chilled ganache layer. Return the pan to the refrigerator for at least 30 min.
- Holding onto the foil overhang, lift the brownies out of the pan. Set them on a cutting board. Using a thin, sharp knife, and wiping the blade clean after each cut, make 4 cuts in one direction to yield 5 rows. Give the pan a quarter turn and make 4 cuts.
- Now you can decorate the brownies however you like, just to make them extra special. We hope you enjoy these luxurious Earl Grey Chocolate Brownies as much as we do.
- Happy Baking!