LEMON CRINKLE COOKIES
This week we have infused our classic English Breakfast into these delicious cookies. Our Lemon and English Breakfast Crinkle Cookies are just perfect to be served with any cup of tea. These also make great treats at an afternoon tea party or just for a 3pm treat.
What are you waiting for - get stuck in!
|Makes In||3 hrs 30 mins|
|2||Twinings English Breakfast Tea Bags|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
|¼ tsp||Sea Salt|
|Zest of 1 lemon|
|Juice of ½ lemon|
- Warm the lemon juice and oil together. Add the two English Breakfast tea bags and allow them to infuse into the mixture for 3-5 minutes, then remove tea bags.
- Combine all the other ingredients together in a bowl and mix well until all the ingredients are incorporated. Cover with cling film and leave to chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 170C and spray a baking tray with non stick spray.
- Place the icing sugar in a bowl and scoop 1 tbsp mounds of the dough into the icing sugar and coat generously.
- Place these mounds on the baking tray leaving enough space between each as they will spread into cookies while baking.
- Bake for 8-10mins or until the edges are lightly brown.
- Cool on the tray for a few minutes before removing. Then sit back and enjoy!