SELF SAUCING BOLLYWOOD CHAI PEAR PUDDING
This recipe is one of the best things we have tried at Twinings HQ, this literally is one to stop everything you’re doing to enjoy every single taste.
It is very hard to describe such a delicious flavour without showing so all we can do is recommend that you make this stunning Self Saucing Bollywood Chai Pear Pudding to find out for yourself! This will be perfect for a Boxing Day treat!
|Serves||10 - 12 People|
|Makes In||1 hour|
For The Pears
|2||Medium Under-ripe Pears|
|1||Twinings Bollywood Chai Latte Pyramid Bag|
|Few strips of orange|
For The Pudding
|3/4 tsp||Baking Powder|
|1/4 tsp||Salt Cinnamon|
|2 tbsp||Of the Poaching Liquid|
|1 tbsp||Golden Syrup|
For The Topping
|2 tbsp||Golden Syrup|
|2||Twinings Bollywood Chai Latte Pyramid Bag|
- Bring to the boil the water, sugar, spices and the contents of the pyramid in a large saucepan. Peel the pears and place them in the saucepan reducing the heat to low.
- Cook the pears for 10-15mins until a knife can be just inserted. (you don not want to cook them too long as the will continue to cook in the oven) Remove the pears from the liquid and allow to cool
- To make the pudding, combine all the ingredients together and place into a greased casserole dish.
- Make the topping by combining the brown sugar and cornflour together and sprinkle over the cake mixture. Slice the pears and fan, laying them on top.
- Steep the teabags in the boiling water and golden syrup for 4 minutes. Remove the pyramids and pour all of this mixture on top the cake.
- Bake in an oven for 35-40 mins.
- Serve straight out of the oven with single cream or our Stem Ginger Ice Cream.