SIMPLE GLUTEN-FREE OAT COOKIES
Is there anything better than a sweet oat cookie with a cup of tea?
This simple yet delicious recipe is perfect for satisfying that cookie craving without any of the refined sugar. These cookies are sweetened purely with banana and honey (you can substitute with maple syrup if you’re following a vegan diet) and they take all of 15 minutes to make from start to finish.
|Makes In||15 mins|
|80g||Oat Flour (Oats Blended Into a Flour)|
|1 tbsp||Flaxseed (Mixed with 4 tbsp Water)|
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the flaxseed and water together and leave for 3-4 minutes to thicken.
- Combine the oats and oat flour in a bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, banana, honey and water to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl with the oats and oat flour. Add the flaxseed mixture and stir until well-combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and shape the cookie mixture into cookie shapes, placing them on the baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies have turned golden brown.
- Leave to cool for 20 minutes (the cookies will firm up more in this time).
- Keep in an air-tight container and consume within 3 days.