For The Cheaters
|1 Pack||Ready-to-Bake Cupcake Mix
Bake according to instructions on the packet
For The Bakers
|1/2 Cup||Sparkling Water or Lemonade|
|1/2 Cup||Sunflower Oil|
|1 Heaped Tsp||Baking Powder|
Icing & Decorating
|Cake Picks (i.e. Gold Foil Star)|
|Edible Gold Dust|
|12||Golden Cupcake Paper Cases|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a 12-hole cupcake tin with the golden paper cases.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
- Optional: add any additional ingredients (i.e. banana & chocolate chip cookies or apples & a bit of cinnamon for wintery flavour).
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the finished cupcakes from the tin and place on a cake rack or plate to cool.
- For the icing, add three tablespoons of icing sugar to a bowl. Add a little bit of water at a time and mix with the icing sugar until you get a a slightly runny sugar paste.
- Dip the top of the muffin into the sugar paste and place muffin back on the plate.
- Sprinkle with edible gold dust and add cake picks.
- Serve with your favourite cup of tea or hot chocolate.