THE BEST VALENTINE'S DAY PUDDING EVER
Take one fool-proof recipe (all you need is a bowl, a microwave and... love) for the most heavenly chocolate sponge and choose one of our four ideas on how to turn this into the best Valentine's Day pudding ever!
|Makes In||25 mins|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
|50g||Twinings Swiss Chocolate Powder|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Essence|
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix together until properly combined (use an electric whisk or wooden spoon).
- Lightly grease a microwave-safe dish, such as a glass bowl or ceramic oven dish.
- Pour in mixture and make sure the top is level.
- Microwave for 7 minutes at 900 Watts (full power).
- Wait for a couple of minutes, then cover the bowl with a plate or tray and turn out the cake.
- Once the cake has cooled completely you can get creative!
- HOW TO SERVE:
- Slice the cake into two layers and sandwich them together again with chocolate icing (available ready-to-use from any supermarket). Cover the top with the remaining icing and add a few pretty strawberries on top. For extra special effects, cut the sponge into a heart shape before you add the icing.
- Turn the cake into a trifle by layering it with whipped cream and raspberries.
- Serve the cake warm in a bowl with salted caramel fudge sauce or ice cream.
- Take an A4 sheet of paper, cut out a heart shape and use as a stencil to add an icing sugar heart to the surface of the cake.
- Happy best Valentine's Day ever!