How to Serve:
The Best Valentine's Day Pudding Ever
Take one fool-proof recipe (all you need is a bowl, a microwave and... love) for the most heavenly chocolate sponge and choose one of our four ideas on how to turn this into the best Valentine's Day pudding ever!
- Serves 6 - 8 People
- Makes In 25 mins
- Difficulty Easy
- Dietary V
For the Shells
150g · Self-Raising Flour
1 tsp · Baking Powder
175g · Caster Sugar
3 · Eggs
175g · Margarine
3 tbsp · Milk
1 tsp · Vanilla Essence
1. Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix together until properly combined (use an electric whisk or wooden spoon).
2. Lightly grease a microwave-safe dish, such as a glass bowl or ceramic oven dish.
3. Pour in mixture and make sure the top is level.
4. Microwave for 7 minutes at 900 Watts (full power).
5. Wait for a couple of minutes, then cover the bowl with a plate or tray and turn out the cake.
6. Once the cake has cooled completely you can get creative!
1. Slice the cake into two layers and sandwich them together again with chocolate icing (available ready-to-use from any supermarket). Cover the top with the remaining icing and add a few pretty strawberries on top. For extra special effects, cut the sponge into a heart shape before you add the icing.
2. Turn the cake into a trifle by layering it with whipped cream and raspberries.
3. Serve the cake warm in a bowl with salted caramel fudge sauce or ice cream.
4. Take an A4 sheet of paper, cut out a heart shape and use as a stencil to add an icing sugar heart to the surface of the cake.
Happy best Valentine's Day ever!