VEGAN CASHEW & VANILLA CUPCAKES
These cashew & vanilla cupcakes may be totally vegan, gluten free and free from refined sugar but they’re perfectly sweet and moreish with a melt-in-your-mouth sponge and the creamiest frosting you could wish for. Perfect for afternoon tea or as an indulgent sweet treat whenever you fancy one.
|Serves||8 - 10 Cupcakes|
|Makes In||40 mins|
|Dietary||[[v]] [[g]] [[ve]]|
For The Cupcakes
|100g||Brown Rice Flour|
|1 tbsp||Coconut Oil|
|4 tbsp||Cashew Butter|
|6 tbsp||Maple Syrup|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
For The Cashew Frosting
|100g||Cashews (Soaked in Water Overnight)|
|2 tbsp||Coconut Cream (From a Can)|
|3 tbsp||Maple Syrup|
|Edible Rose Petals|
- Soak the cashews for the cupcake frosting in water overnight or for a minimum of 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Add the ground almonds and brown rice flour to a mixing bowl.
- Cream together the cashew butter, coconut oil and maple syrup in a food processor, then add this mixture to the ground almonds and brown rice flour.
- Add in the vanilla extract and baking powder, then slowly pour in the almond milk. Mix well.
- Place cupcake cases in a tray then spoon in around 1 tbsp of mixture into each cupcake case. You should fill 8-10.
- Place into the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until you can poke a knife through the centre and it comes out clean. The tops of the cupcakes should be slightly golden brown too.
- Leave the cupcakes to cool before making your frosting.
- To make the frosting simply drain and rinse the soaked cashews and add them to a food processor along with the coconut cream and maple syrup. Blend well until everything is really smooth and creamy.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled you can add the frosting to the top, and any desired extra decoration.
- Keep refrigerated in an air tight container and eat with 3 days.