For The Salmon
|1||Twinings The Earl Loose Leaf Pyramid Bag|
For The Citrus Vanilla Mayonnaise
|1||Twinings St Clements Tea Bag|
|Pinch of Salt|
|Pinch of White Pepper|
|1 tsp||Dijon Mustard|
|1 tbsp||Juice from a Lemon|
|1 tbsp||Juice from an Orange|
|1 tbsp||Juice from a Lime|
|Seeds from ½ a Vanilla Pod|
- Remove the skin from the salmon fillets (or ask your fishmonger if they can do it for you).
- Pat dry and set aside.
- Toast the Earl pyramid bag in a dry frying pan for about 2 minutes and allow to cool.
- Combine the citrus zests with the salt and sugar and the cooled Earl pyramid bag.
- Lay a sheet of cling film on the bottom of a plastic container and sprinkle on 1/2 of the salt mixture.
- Place the salmon fillets on top and sprinkle on the remaining salt mixture.
- Lay another piece of cling film on the top of the salmon and add another container with some jam jars or something heavy placed in it.
- Place this on top of the salmon and leave in the fridge overnight.
- When ready the salmon should feel firm. Rinse thoroughly with cold water until the salt mixture has been completely removed. Slice thin to serve.