|397g||Can of Condensed Milk|
|3||Twinings Gingerbread Green Tea Bags|
|50ml||Semi Skimmed Milk|
|250g||Soft Brown Sugar|
|1 tbsp||Black Treacle|
|2 tbsp||Ground Ginger|
|4||Pieces Stem Ginger, Chopped|
|Crushed Ginger Cookies for Garnish|
- Line a 6 inch square tin with greaseproof paper.
- Slowly bring the milk, cream and Gingerbread tea bags to the boil and allow to steep for 5 minutes whilst simmering over a low heat. Squeeze out the liquid from the tea bag using the back of a spoon and discard.
- Add the condensed milk, sugars and treacle and allow the sugars to dissolve. Raise the heat to medium and slowly bringing the mixture to the boil, stirring occasionally to prevent the bottom from burning. Once boiled reduce the heat and cook the mixture until a sugar thermometer reaches 114C-116C. Stir occasionally. Once the heat reaches the temperature needed, pour the mixture into a large bowl and cool until slightly warm.
- CHEF'S TIP: FOR A FUDGE THAT ISN’T AS THICK, USE AN 8 INCH SQUARE TIN INSTEAD.
- Once slightly warm, beat in the butter, ground ginger and some of the stem ginger pieces, reserving some for the garnish. Beat the mixture until the fudge begins to loose its shine (about 3 minutes).
- Pour the fudge into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the remaining stem ginger and crushed ginger cookies, pushing it down into the fudge.
- When your delicious fudge is ready, the only sensible thing to do is eat! Share with friends and family, and a cup of Christmas tea, for the perfect this festive treat.
- Happy Festive Baking Times!