HEALTHY BOUNTY BARS (DAIRY-FREE)
Bounty bars are any coconut lovers favourite treat, but this take on the classic recipe is even better!
These bounty bars are just as delicious and indulgent as the original but they’re completely dairy free, refined sugar free and contain no artificial ingredients. These bars taste like pure luxury and are paired perfectly with a cup of Twinings English Breakfast Tea as a mid-afternoon sweet snack or evening treat.
|Makes In||2 hrs 45 mins|
|200g||Desiccated Coconut (Plus Extra for Sprinkling)|
|4 tbsp||Coconut Cream|
|4 tbsp||Maple Syrup|
|1 tbsp||Coconut Oil|
- Add the desiccated coconut, coconut cream, maple syrup and coconut oil to a blender and blend until combined together into a sticky mixture.
- Using your hands, shape the coconut mixture into bounty bar shapes (you should make 6-8) and place on a plate or tray. Put in the freezer for at least 2 hours to set.
- Add the dark chocolate to a saucepan over a low-medium heat and allow to melt. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Remove the coconut bars from the freezer and coat in the melted chocolate. Sprinkle each bar with a little extra desiccated coconut, then place back into the freezer for half an hour to allow the chocolate to set.
- Keep refrigerated and consume within 5 days.