|1||Lemon Zest - Grated|
|Juice of 1/2 Lemon|
|100ml||English Afternoon Tea (Left to cool)|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Beat together the sugar and the butter until pale and creamy.
- Slowly add the four eggs, one at a time and mixing throughout.
- Gently sift in the flour and add the finely grated lemon zest - mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for around 45-50 mins.
For The Drizzle
- Mix the juice of half a lemon with the English Afternoon tea.
- Stir in the sifted icing sugar until the drizzle is no longer translucent - add more icing sugar if needed.
- Prick the cake with a skewer and wait till it cools.
- Pour the drizzle over the top of the cake and let it set.