RASPBERRY COCONUT MACAROONS
Coconut macaroons with a twist.
Our Raspberry Coconut Macaroons are gluten-free, refined sugar-free and suitable for vegans, but they're anything but boring; they’re sweet, moreish and indulgent. Just try not to eat the whole batch in one go!
|Makes In||20 Mins|
|60g||Desiccated Coconut (Plus Extra for Sprinkling)|
|2 tbsp||Coconut Oil|
|1 tbsp||Freeze-Dried Raspberry Pieces|
|2 tbsp||Honey (or Agave Syrup for Vegans)|
|Pinch of Salt|
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Put the coconut oil into a bowl and place into the oven for 3-4 minutes to melt.
- Combine the ground almonds, desiccated coconut and freeze-dried raspberry pieces in a bowl.
- Add the cashew butter, melted coconut oil, honey (or syrup), water and pinch of salt. Stir well until fully combined.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, then form the macaroon mixture into balls using your hands. Place them onto the baking tray. You should make 8-10 macaroons.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Leave to cool completely.
- To make the chocolate drizzle, simply add the dark chocolate to a saucepan over a low heat and let it melt slowly.
- Once the macaroons are cooled, drizzle the melted chocolate over the top and sprinkle a little more desiccated coconut on the top.
- Keep in an air-tight container and consume within 3 days.