APRICOT & CARDAMOM CAKE
This apricot and cardamom cake with English Afternoon Tea glaze is a perfect teatime treat. Share with friends or enjoy by yourself while the kids are working hard at school.
|Serves||10 - 12 People|
|Cooks In||45 mins|
For The Cake
|2||Twinings English Afternoon Tea Bags|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
|1/2 tsp||Ground Cardomom|
For The Glaze
- Grease and line a 8 inch tin with greaseproof paper
- Preheat the oven to 170C
- Warm the milk and allow the tea to steep for a few minutes
- Cream the butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy
- Gradually beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the dry ingredients and 3 tbsp of the milk.
- Mix to combine then spoon the mixture into the tin.
- Place the apricots cut side down and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- For the glaze, use the the remaining infused milk, whisk together with the icing sugar.
- Remove the cake from the oven and allow to cool slightly before brushing the cake with the glaze.
- Top with flaked almonds.