Beetroot Chocolate Cake
This Beetroot Chocolate Cake is not only delicious, but also easy to make. Enjoy with a steaming mug of Twinings Hot Chocolate.
To make it even more special, sprinkle it with icing sugar and serve with a dollop of cream.
- Serves 10 - 12 People
- Makes In 1 hour
- Difficulty Moderate
- Dietary V
For the Shells
200g · Caster Sugar
250g · Cooked Beetroot, mashed
175g · Plain Flour
2 tsp · Baking Powder
3 · Eggs
200ml · Sunflower Oil
100g · Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 160C degrees.
2. Prepare the cake tin by greasing the bottom and edges.
3. Mix the Twinings Swiss Chocolate Powder, sugar, baking powder and flour.
4. Add all other ingredients and mix well until smooth.
5. Pour mix into the tin.
6. Bake for 45 minutes.
7. Remove from baking tray and leave to cool on a rack.
Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with a dollop of cream.