CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
Fruity, nutty and ever so moist. Just how carrot cakes should be. This lovely recipe shows you how to make individual little cakes - perfect for brightening up any cake stand. The cake was made by the lucky winners of our Waitrose Cookery School competition.
|Makes In||30 mins|
For The Cupcakes
|1/2 tsp||Bicarbonate of Soda|
|1/2 tsp||Baking Powder|
For The Frosting
|Juice of half||A Lemon|
- For the carrot cake, using an electronic mixer with the paddle attachment, mix all the ingredients together apart from the grated carrot and walnuts.
- Once mixed, fold in the walnuts and grated carrot.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 cupcake cases and bake in the oven for 14 mins at 160ºC, gas mark 3.
- For the cream cheese frosting, using an electronic mixer, beat the cream cheese and icing sugar together using the paddle attachment.
- Once the mixture is light and fluffy, add the lemon juice.
- To top, caramelise the sugar in a heavy based pan and add the walnuts. Put onto parchment paper and, when cooled, decorate the cupcakes.
- Enjoy with your favourite cup of afternoon tea!