Carrot & Sweet Potato Soup with Ginger and Turmeric
When it comes to coughs and colds, spices such as ginger and turmeric are great for helping to keep your immune system fighting fit.
Try this carrot and sweet potato soup with ginger and turmeric.
|Makes In||45 mins|
|1||Vegetable stock cube|
- Fry an onion and two cloves of garlic in some light oil.
- Add a teaspoon of turmeric and a teaspoon of ginger and gently mix until golden yellow.
- After five minutes, add 800ml of vegetable stock.
- Add two sweet potatoes chopped into cubes and 2-3 chopped carrots.
- Bring to a gentle simmer for around 30 minutes.
- Then add the coconut milk and stir.
- Use a blender to blitz all the ingredients together.
Serve with pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of oil or coconut milk.