We’re spilling the cheese-flavoured tea on this unique trend that will leave you wondering how cheese tea can be so delicious! Make your cheese tea in a few steps.
|Makes In||2 mins|
|3 tbsp||Icing sugar|
|1||Twining English Breakfast tea bag|
Much like Bubble tea, this quirky and trendy drink originated in Taiwan and is popular in Asian countries and the United States.
Its name ‘cheese tea’ is not quite what it seems, as the cheese-infused topping is more like a sweet cheese or ice cream flavoured foam that sits on top of an ice-cold tea. Using either a black tea or a green tea, you can have plenty of fun making and drinking this delicious treat.
Make your own cheese-infused topping for your cold tea in just a few easy steps.
- Pop the kettle on and brew your favourite blend of tea. Cheese tea works perfectly with a black tea or a green tea.
- Leave your freshly brewed tea to cool whilst making the sweet cheese topping.
- Whisk soft cheese and icing sugar together in a bowl until thick and creamy.
- Slowly add the milk whilst whisking, making sure to add a little at a time.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the double cream or whipping cream together until you have soft peaks. Be careful not to over-whip as you won’t be able to combine the ingredients.
- Combine the cheese and milk with the whipped cream to create a light and fluffy cream.
- You can add a pinch of salt flakes to cut through some of the sweetness.
- Spoon the creamy mixture on top of your tea and sprinkle with cacao powder, Options Belgian Choc or a sprinkling of matcha powder if you’re using green tea?