Quick and easy to whip up and the perfect tea-time treat. These Ovaltine cookies will fast become a family favourite. You can add chocolate chips or malteasers for that extra sweetness.
Ovaltine Chocolate Malt Cookies
The perfect addition to the cookie jar, these delicious malted milk cookies are made with Ovaltine, for a that true oat flavour. A comforting tea-time treat.
- Serves 9 Large Cookies
- Makes In 30 mins
- Difficulty Easy
200g · Plain Flour
65g · Golden Caster Sugar
20g · Granulated Sugar - to roll cookies in
115g · Melted Butter
1 large · Egg
½ tsp · Baking Powder
Pinch of Sea Salt
1. Preheat the over to 180°C (fan oven)
2. Add the flour, Ovaltine, golden caster sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl and mix together
3. Melt the butter and leave to cool
4. Make a well in the centre of the mix and add the butter
5. Add the egg and mix until you have a dough mixture
6. Divide the mixture into 9 balls and roll in granulated sugar
7. Place on a baking tray, making sure you space them out as the dough will spread
8. Bake for around 15 minutes
Why not add chocolate chips or smashed malteasers for that extra sweetness!