Vegan Raw Energy Balls
It can be all too easy to reach for a biscuit (or several) when enjoying a cup of tea, so if you’re looking for a tasty alternative, why not try these vegan raw energy balls?
So simple to make, and they require no cooking at all. Plus, they taste like mini bites of chocolate-brownie-style heaven! Energy-boosting and perfect with a cuppa.
|Makes In||10 mins|
|20g||Options Vegan Belgian Chocolate|
|1 tsp||Vanilla extract|
|A dash of Dairy-free milk (we used no-sugar almond milk)|
|Pinch of sea salt|
|20g||Options Vegan Belgian Chocolate (for dusting)|
- In a food processor, grind the walnuts into fine pieces.
- Add the dates, Options Vegan Belgian Choc, vanilla extract, sea salt, and process until they form a sticky consistency.
- Add a dash of dairy-free milk if the mixture looks a little dry. But only a dash, or you’ll end up with a paste that’s too sticky to be rolled.
- Process until all the mixture is blended and you have a sticky dough.
- Using a spoon, scoop the mixture out and roll it into balls.
- Dust and roll with Options Vegan Belgian Choc and place on a piece of greaseproof paper.
You can store these energy balls in the fridge in an airtight container and keep them for up to two weeks. Not a fan of walnuts? You can use almonds or pecans as an alternative. Or why not roll them in desiccated coconut for a different flavour and texture?
These raw balls make a great little energy boost for when you’re on the go and pair perfectly with a delicious green tea.