For The Cakes
|1 tbsp||Twinings Seasons Greetings Christmas Loose Tea (Brewed)|
|3 tbsp||Baking Powder|
|½ tsp||Bicarbonate Soda|
For The Berry Ganache
|1||Twinings Rose Garden Black Tea Bag|
|1 tbsp||Freeze Dried Raspberries|
|1 tsp||Dried Rose Petals (Optional)|
|125g||125g Amoretti Biscuits, Crushed|
For The Dried Oranges
|Dried Orange Slices, Quartered|
|Gold Leaf (Optional)|
- Line a 13 x 9” tin with greaseproof paper.
- Warm the milk with the brewed tea in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Allow to cool slightly then strain into a jug.
- Add the oil and eggs and whisk to combine.
- Combine the dry ingredients together, then add in the wet ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake at 170C for 20-25 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut into 16 rounds using a 2 inch cutter.
- Place on a cooling rack on top of a roasting tray.
- To make the berry ganache, beat the orange syrup and berries together until the berries soften.
- Blend until smooth and sieve to remove the seeds.
- Return back to the pan and add the cream.
- Heat slightly until just simmering and pour on over the chocolate.
- Pour the ganache on top of the cakes and using a palette knife push the ganache over the edge of the cakes.
- Smooth the sides with the ganache. Repeat until all the cakes are covered, then leave to set.
- To make the dried oranges, thinly slice the orange. Place the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and add the orange slices.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove the orange slices using a slotted spoon and place on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven heated to 90C for 30mins until dried out. Once dried and cooled, cut into quarters.
- Decorate the cakes: beat the cream cheese slightly and place in a piping bag and swirl on top of each cake.
- Garnish with the dried cranberries, orange slices and embellish with gold leaf.