For The Cakes
|1 tbsp||Twinings Seasons Greetings Christmas Loose Tea (Brewed)|
|3 tbsp||Baking Powder|
|½ tsp||Bicarbonate Soda|
For The Berry Ganache
|1||Twinings Rose Garden Black Tea Bag|
|1 tbsp||Freeze Dried Raspberries|
|1 tsp||Dried Rose Petals (Optional)|
|125g||125g Amoretti Biscuits, Crushed|
For The Dried Oranges
|Dried Orange Slices, Quartered|
|Gold Leaf (Optional)|
- Line a 13 x 9” tin with greaseproof paper.
- Warm the milk with the brewed tea in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Allow to cool slightly then strain into a jug.
- Add the oil and eggs and whisk to combine.
- Combine the dry ingredients together, then add in the wet ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake at 170C for 20-25 minutes.
- Once cooled, cut into 16 rounds using a 2 inch cutter.
- Place on a cooling rack on top of a roasting tray.
- To make the berry ganache, beat the orange syrup and berries together until the berries soften.
- Blend until smooth and sieve to remove the seeds.
- Return back to the pan and add the cream.
- Heat slightly until just simmering and pour on over the chocolate.
- Pour the ganache on top of the cakes and using a palette knife push the ganache over the edge of the cakes.
- Smooth the sides with the ganache. Repeat until all the cakes are covered, then leave to set.
- To make the dried oranges, thinly slice the orange. Place the water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and add the orange slices.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, then remove the orange slices using a slotted spoon and place on a parchment lined baking tray.
- Bake in the oven heated to 90C for 30mins until dried out. Once dried and cooled, cut into quarters.
- Decorate the cakes: beat the cream cheese slightly and place in a piping bag and swirl on top of each cake.
- Garnish with the dried cranberries, orange slices and embellish with gold leaf.
Christmas Berry Marshmallows
Find a range of recipes, inspiration, ideas, and latest news on the Twinings Blog. This blog post features Christmas Berry Marshmallows.
Annie Riggs Malty Christmas Loaf
Twinings loves guest baker Annie Rigg. Make a Twinings tea-infused fruity malt loaf. Enjoy slightly warm spread with butter.