Matcha is more than just tea; it’s a moment to savour, a chance to press pause and a way to indulge.
Consider your matcha tea akin to the rituals of a coffee lover: the meticulous preparation, the discerning choice of the blend, and the deliberate enjoyment of every sip. Much like coffee, matcha is not to be rushed; each precious drop is meant to be truly savoured.
How Do You Prepare Your Matcha?
Fancy giving matcha a try? Here’s our step-by-step guide to get the best from this beautiful green powder using our Twinings matcha bowl and whisk.
- Fill ⅓ of your matcha bowl with hot water to preheat it. Then place the whisk, face down, into the hot water. This will wet the tips of the whisk and not the entire whisk!
- Once it’s preheated, pour out the water and dry your matcha bowl with a cloth. Leaving the whisk to one side, measure 70ml of hot water in a cup and leave to cool.
- Using the bamboo scoop, take two scoops of matcha powder and place them in the matcha bowl - you may need to sift the powder first to avoid any clumps.
- Once the 70ml of hot water drops to around 70-80 degrees, pour it into the matcha bowl.
- Hold the rim of the matcha bowl in one hand and the whisk in the other, and gently whisk in a ‘W’ motion, using your wrist (and not your arm). Keep whisking until your matcha forms a thick foam with tiny air bubbles.
Get the Most From Your Matcha
But it doesn’t end there. Whether you’re a matcha novice or looking for new ways to add matcha to your day, here’s how to create a matcha moment in your every day.
1. Matcha Latte
Love a latte? Mix things up with a delicious matcha powder latte, rich, creamy and high in antioxidants; it makes an excellent substitute for those sugar-loaded coffee lattes.Read the Recipe
2. Matcha Bliss Balls
The words simple and healthy don’t often go hand in hand when describing a quick snack, but these matcha bliss balls give a nutritious energy boost that requires no baking.Read the Recipe
3. Matcha Smoothie
Power up your morning smoothie with matcha! This chocolatey and creamy delight tastes amazing whilst also being super good for you!Read the Recipe
4. Matcha Iced Tea
A refreshing citrus-flavoured matcha iced tea with added hints of mint and syrup. A great way to stay hydrated and create a summertime matcha moment.
Give this matcha iced tea a try.
5. Matcha Overnight Oats
Overnight oats are a great way to prep your breakfast the night before so you can bounce out of bed and start the day with something healthy and tasty. Layer your overnight oats with porridge oats, yoghurt and fruit, and either sprinkle some matcha powder on top or use our Superblends Matcha tea to infuse.
6. Iced matcha Latte
Swap your matcha latte for an iced matcha latte. Just change your hot milk to cold and add ice. Perfect for a warm summer’s day.Read the Recipe
7. Traditional Matcha Tea
And last but not least, how about a soothing cup of traditional matcha tea? Just use the steps listed above to prepare your matcha and add honey or maple syrup to taste. Or, for matcha on the go, use our Superblends Matcha tea with cranberry and lime!
Why not make matcha part of your day and take time to savour and indulge?