Ovaltine is totally caffeine free which makes it the perfect bedtime drink. We love its delicious 'chocolatey' malt taste - cosiness, relaxation and comfort in a mug. Super easy to make and the best bit - it is full of vitamins and minerals, too!
Malted Drinks Fun Facts
- Recipe originally developed in Berne, Switzerland.
- Original name: Ovomaltine - however, when the drink was first exported to Britain in 1909 someone got the spelling wrong (Brits and foreign languages!) on the trademark application form. That's why its called Ovaltine in all English-speaking countries.
- Over the years the formulation was changed which is why there are different versions available around the world. The UK version contains malt, milk, cocoa powder, minerals & vitamins.
- Tastes great hot or cold!
- Ovaltine is an anagram for 'Vital One'.
Get a Great Start to the Day
Ovaltine is delicious and a brilliant breakfast option for everyone. Charge your energy reserves and get a head start on your daily recommended intake of vitamins A, B6, B12 and C, as well as zinc, calcium and magnesium.
Great for Families
Mums are busy no matter whether they are looking after little ones, juggling family & work or trying to keep their teenage kids happy.
Why not give yourself a little break? Sit back and relax with a mug of Ovaltine.
Brought all my children up on this drink before bed.
We also stock Ovaltine in handy sachets. Perfect if you can't fit much else beside the kitchen sink into your handbag or need a quick pick me up at work.
Favourite Bedtime Routine
Ovaltine has been a favourite bedtime drink for generations. Malt is high in mineral content which helps relax your muscles and is great to help you wind down before going to bed.